Following the launch of its Memor X3 Healthcare (HC) device in July, Italian company Datalogic has released another mobile computer for the healthcare industry. The Datalogic Joya Touch A6 Healthcare (HC) is an Android-based mobile computer with wireless charging technology and voice functionality. Like the Memor X3 HC, the Joya Touch A6 HC features a durable enclosure made from chemical-resistant plastic (to protect it from harsh disinfectants).
The Joya Touch A6 HC uses Datalogic’s unique wireless charging technology, which is Qi compliant. To charge the Joya Touch A6 HC, a user simply places it near a charging pad, which in turn transmits an oscillating electromagnetic field (inductive power transfer). The primary advantage of wireless charging is that a user doesn’t have to worry about a charging cable. Contrary to popular belief, wireless charging doesn’t involve the transfer of electricity through the air.
Along with its wireless charging technology and protective enclosure, the Joya Touch A6 HC features an Android 6.0 Marshmallow Operating System (OS) and a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. Users of the Joya Touch A6 HC also gain access to sophisticated 2D imaging technology and voice functionality (VoIP calls can be made and received via Wi-Fi). The Joya Touch A6 HC is available in either a handheld or a pistol-grip version.
In summary, the Joya Touch A6 HC has the following features:-
- Advanced 2D area imaging technology.
- Wireless charging (Qi compliant).
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow Operating System (OS) - field-upgradable to Android 7.1 Nougat.
- Chemical-resistant enclosure (for protection against harsh disinfectants).
- Proprietary ‘Green Spot’ technology for good-read feedback.
- VoIP capabilities over Wi-Fi (CSip protocol is used).
- Vibration alert for notifications.
- Datalogic SoftSpot technology – to assist with using touch display.
- 4.3 inch FWVGA multi-touch display with Gorilla Glass 3.
- 12-hour battery life (2 hours to fully charge).