Ivanti Velocity Provides Android Pathway
Ivanti, a world-leader in unified IT solutions, makes supply chain management easier with its new Velocity 2.0 product. Velocity 2.0 enables existing Telnet and web applications to be accessed by an Android user interface. As end-of-support looms for Windows Mobile and Windows CE, many organisations are embracing the Android-powered supply chain.
Velocity 2.0, which is powered by Wavelink, provides the interface between Android mobile devices and legacy Telnet / web applications. Many of the latest handheld computers, such as the Zebra MC3300 mobile computer, feature an Android OS. The benefit of an Android user interface is that many staff (particularly new staff) find it easier to use.
Velocity 2.0 is already proving popular with retailers, manufacturers and other supply chain operators. The Velocity 2.0 framework is comprised of 4-steps: migration, optimisation, modernisation and speech (MOMS). Major features of Velocity 2.0 include:
- Rapid Modernisation – scripts and APIs enable Velocity 2.0 to detect existing Telnet and web applications, and then deploy a configurable Android user interface.
- External Content – information and images from a website or Intranet can be inserted into online workflows, resulting in greater productivity and training support.
- Expanded Device Support – Velocity 2.0 provides enhanced support for Panasonic rugged mobile computers and Zebra MC3300 / Zebra VC80x mobile computers.
Zebra Power Supply Recall
The Zebra Power Supply Unit (PSU) recall initiated December 2016 has been expanded. Additional incidents have been reported since the initial recall was communicated. Out of an abundance of caution, Zebra is expanding the parameters of the original recall to include additional models over a longer time frame as a further precaution to ensure the safety of our customers.
For information on affected Zebra PSUs, please click here.
Buy Humanscale Ergonomic Healthcare & Office Solutions
Humanscale – the world’s premier producer of ergonomic healthcare solutions and office furniture – has arrived at Barcode Dynamics. As an authorised Australian reseller, Barcode Dynamics supplies the full range of Humanscale ergonomic mobile carts, ergonomic wall stations, ergonomic technology cabinets, ergonomic chairs, ergonomic desks and ergonomic keyboards.
Workplace ergonomics is an area that’s growing in importance for many organisations, especially where Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) is concerned. An ergonomic workplace can improve staff safety, wellbeing and productivity. Humanscale, which focuses on office and healthcare environments, is recognised as a global pioneer in workplace ergonomics.
The Humanscale range of ergonomic products is characterised by stylish design and high-quality materials. Some of the more popular products include:
- Humanscale TouchPoint T7 Point-of-Care mobile technology cart
- Humanscale MedLink mobile technology cart
- Humanscale ViewPoint (V/Flex) wall station (for healthcare settings)
- Humanscale HealthPoint technology cabinet
- Humanscale QuickStand height adjustable workstation
- Humanscale Freedom Headrest ergonomic chair
- Humanscale Freedom Task ergonomic chair
- Humanscale Element Disc LED task light
- Humanscale M2 monitor arm
- Humanscale 6G keyboard system (with 900 board and clip mouse)
Zebra ZT600 series Industrial Printers
The new Zebra ZT600 industrial printers are fast gaining a reputation in Australia for quality, durability and high performance. The Zebra ZT600 range, which builds on the Xi legacy, comprises two models: the Zebra ZT610 and the Zebra ZT620. Both models feature long-life printheads and built-in thermal management.
The Zebra ZT610 and the Zebra ZT620 are built from heavy-gauge structural components, making them ideal for manufacturing, transport, healthcare and retail environments. Although both printers share the same DNA, subtle differences exist between the Zebra ZT610 and the Zebra ZT620. These differences pertain to print width, print speed and print resolution.
Common features of the Zebra ZT610 and the Zebra ZT620 include:
- Choice of print methods: thermal transfer or direct thermal
- Highly-visible colour display
- Link-OS proprietary operating system
- 1GB RAM memory
- Dual media sensors: transmissive and reflective
- Quick-change printhead
- Easy-to-use printhead pressure toggles
- Compatibility with AirWatch and SOTI device management systems
- Two communication ports
- Choice of communication methods: USB 2.0, RS-232 Serial, Gigabit Ethernet or Bluetooth 4.0
- Maximum ribbon length of 450-metres
Zebra MC9200 sets the Standard
The rugged Zebra MC9200 mobile computer has long set the standard for durability, value and advanced functionality. Its latest iteration, the Zebra MC9200 with SE4850 scan engine, continues the legacy. The Zebra MC9200 with SE4850 is available in Standard, Premium and Condensation Resistant configurations.
The Zebra MC9200 with SE4850 is designed for challenging environments, such as warehouses, manufacturing plants, airport tarmacs and large retail environments. It’s built to a standard rather than a price point. The SE4850 scan engine provides superior resolution and scanning range, resulting in improved accuracy.
Features of the Zebra MC9200 with SE4850 include:
- Scanner resolution of 1280 x 800 (1MP)
- Near scanning range of 7.62 centimetres
- Far scanning range of 21.3 metres
- Autofocus functionality
- PRZM Intelligent Imaging Technology (exclusive to Zebra)
- Choice of three operating systems: Android, Windows Embedded Compact or Windows Embedded Handheld
- Dual Core 1GHz OMAP 4 processor
- Government-grade FIPS 140-2 security (Level 1 certification)
- Compatibility with the latest Wi-Fi protocols, including 802.11n
- Drop specification of 1.8 metres
- Scanner exit window made from Corning Gorilla™ glass
- IP64 rating
Zetes Still the One
The name “Zetes” is synonymous with quality industrial labelling systems across the world. If you’re serious about identifying and tracking your assets, or enhancing your go-to-market strategy, Zetes and Barcode Dynamics are your go-to industrial labelling team.