Zebra ZT600 series Industrial Printers
The new Zebra ZT600 industrial printers are fast gaining a reputation in Australia for quality, durability and high performance. The Zebra ZT600 range, which builds on the Xi legacy, comprises two models: the Zebra ZT610 and the Zebra ZT620. Both models feature long-life printheads and built-in thermal management.
The Zebra ZT610 and the Zebra ZT620 are built from heavy-gauge structural components, making them ideal for manufacturing, transport, healthcare and retail environments. Although both printers share the same DNA, subtle differences exist between the Zebra ZT610 and the Zebra ZT620. These differences pertain to print width, print speed and print resolution.
Common features of the Zebra ZT610 and the Zebra ZT620 include:
- Choice of print methods: thermal transfer or direct thermal
- Highly-visible colour display
- Link-OS proprietary operating system
- 1GB RAM memory
- Dual media sensors: transmissive and reflective
- Quick-change printhead
- Easy-to-use printhead pressure toggles
- Compatibility with AirWatch and SOTI device management systems
- Two communication ports
- Choice of communication methods: USB 2.0, RS-232 Serial, Gigabit Ethernet or Bluetooth 4.0
- Maximum ribbon length of 450-metres
Zebra MC9200 sets the Standard
The rugged Zebra MC9200 mobile computer has long set the standard for durability, value and advanced functionality. Its latest iteration, the Zebra MC9200 with SE4850 scan engine, continues the legacy. The Zebra MC9200 with SE4850 is available in Standard, Premium and Condensation Resistant configurations.
The Zebra MC9200 with SE4850 is designed for challenging environments, such as warehouses, manufacturing plants, airport tarmacs and large retail environments. It’s built to a standard rather than a price point. The SE4850 scan engine provides superior resolution and scanning range, resulting in improved accuracy.
Features of the Zebra MC9200 with SE4850 include:
- Scanner resolution of 1280 x 800 (1MP)
- Near scanning range of 7.62 centimetres
- Far scanning range of 21.3 metres
- Autofocus functionality
- PRZM Intelligent Imaging Technology (exclusive to Zebra)
- Choice of three operating systems: Android, Windows Embedded Compact or Windows Embedded Handheld
- Dual Core 1GHz OMAP 4 processor
- Government-grade FIPS 140-2 security (Level 1 certification)
- Compatibility with the latest Wi-Fi protocols, including 802.11n
- Drop specification of 1.8 metres
- Scanner exit window made from Corning Gorilla™ glass
- IP64 rating
Zetes Still the One
The name “Zetes” is synonymous with quality industrial labelling systems across the world. If you’re serious about identifying and tracking your assets, or enhancing your go-to-market strategy, Zetes and Barcode Dynamics are your go-to industrial labelling team.
The Ins and Outs of Lithium-ion Batteries
Rechargeable lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries are used to power many portable electronic devices, including barcode scanners, mobile computers and smart phones. Li-ion batteries are renowned for their high energy density, minimal memory effect and slow self-discharge.
Sting of the Skorpio
Datalogic - a global leader in data capture and process automation - has just released its latest Skorpio mobile computer, the X4. The Datalogic Skorpio X4 is a rugged, handheld mobile computer that’s compatible with previous Skorpio X3 accessories.
The Skorpio X4 - available in a 1D or 2D model - comes with class-leading ergonomics, a 3.2 inch colour touchscreen and IP64 protection (with 1.8m drop specification). A Texas Instruments OMAP4 1GHz processor (1GB RAM; 8GB flash memory) powers the Skorpio X4 – giving it three times the performance of its predecessor, the Skorpio X3.
The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is a term used in the manufacturing sector to describe a “mission critical” version of IoT (the Internet of Things). Like IoT, IIoT involves the connection of physical devices to the Internet - for the purpose of collecting and exchanging data. However, IIoT takes the IoT concept further in terms of data analytics and cyber security.