Datalogic - a global leader in data capture and process automation - has just released its latest Skorpio mobile computer, the X4. The Datalogic Skorpio X4 is a rugged, handheld mobile computer that’s compatible with previous Skorpio X3 accessories.
The Skorpio X4 - available in a 1D or 2D model - comes with class-leading ergonomics, a 3.2 inch colour touchscreen and IP64 protection (with 1.8m drop specification). A Texas Instruments OMAP4 1GHz processor (1GB RAM; 8GB flash memory) powers the Skorpio X4 – giving it three times the performance of its predecessor, the Skorpio X3.
Additional features of the Skorpio X4 include:-
- Choice of operating systems: Android v4.4 or MS Windows Embedded Compact 7.
- Proprietary “Green Spot” technology – for “good read” feedback in a noisy environment.
- Choice of three keyboard configurations: 28-key numeric keypad, 38-key functional keypad or 50-key alphanumeric keypad.
- Compatibility with existing Windows CE applications.
- Proprietary SoftSpot technology for a customised soft trigger.
- Wi-Fi enabled: 802.11 a/b/g/n with MIMO antennas.
- Bluetooth v4.0 enabled.