Datalogic Bundle packs Powerful Punch
Barcode Dynamics is proud to partner with Datalogic – a global leader in automated data capture solutions. For the month of September 2019, Barcode Dynamics is offering special pricing on Datalogic Magellan 1500i / Gryphon I GD4500 bundles. Both barcode scanners are ideal for point of sale (POS) and general purpose applications in the retail, healthcare, service and hospitality sectors.
Datalogic Magellan 1500i
The Datalogic Magellan 1500i is an omnidirectional presentation scanner that can be used in hands-free standing mode or hand-held mode (for bulkier items). The Magellan 1500i reads 1D and 2D barcodes up to a distance of 25-centimetres. In addition to Motionix™ and Green Spot technology, the cutting-edge Magellan 1500i features optional Digimarc® Barcode decoding.
Key features of the Datalogic Magellan 1500i include:
- Advanced omnidirectional ID and 2D imaging technology.
- Green Spot technology for good-read confirmation.
- Motionix™ motion sensing technology and LED aimer for precision scanning.
- Optional Digimarc® Barcode decoding.
- Drop resistant from a height of 1.2 metres (4 feet) onto concrete surface.
- IP52 rating (limited dust and water spray protection).
- USB and RS-232 interfaces.
- Available in black or white.
- 3-Year factory warranty.
Datalogic Gryphon I GD4500
The Datalogic Gryphon I GD4500 is a premium handheld scanner with advanced white illumination 2D technology (making it easier on the eyes). The Gryphon I GD4500 is noted for its ability to read coloured labels, as well as 1D, 2D, postal, stacked and composite codes. The 4-dot aimer (with centre cross) on the Gryphon I GD4500 ensures precision scanning and reduces accidental reads.
The Gryphon I GD4500 is also available in a healthcare version (with anti-microbial enclosure) and a digital watermarking version (with red illumination optics).
Key features of the Datalogic Gryphon I GD4500 include:
- 1 Megapixel sensor with white illumination 2D technology.
- Green Spot and 3GL™ (3 Green Lights) technology for superior good-read confirmation.
- Motionix™ motion sensing technology and 4-dot aimer (with centre cross) for precision scanning.
- Drop resistant from a height of 1.8 metres (6 feet) onto concrete surface.
- IP52 rating (limited dust and water spray protection).
- Available in black or white.
- 5-Year factory warranty.
SATO FX3-LX Label Printer available in Australia
The SATO FX3-LX portable label printer – winner of a Red Dot Design Award – is now available for purchase from Barcode Dynamics. The SATO FX3-LX is a direct thermal, 3-inch label printer with an anti-bacterial casing, a 7-inch TFT full colour touchscreen and two protection ratings (IPX2, IK06). A unique feature of the SATO FX3-LX is its ability to operate as a standalone printer (without a PC or network connection).
The SATO FX3-LX has been designed for applications in the retail, hospitality, logistics and manufacturing sectors. It boasts a print resolution of 305 dpi and a maximum print speed of 6 ips (when connected to the AC adaptor). The SATO FX3-LX connects seamlessly to SATO’s cloud-based preventive maintenance service (SATO Online Services) and to various peripheral devices (scanners, keyboards, etc).
Features of the SATO FX3-LX direct thermal label printer include:
- 1GB RAM 4GB Flash memory
- 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor
- IPX2 (splash) and IK06 (impact) rated
- Print resolution of 305 dpi
- Maximum print speed of 6 ips (when connected to AC adaptor)
- 47 languages and scalable print fonts
- Ability to print a wide range of 1D and 2D barcode symbologies
- On-board Application Enabled Printing (AEP) platform for standalone operation
- Standard communication interfaces include USB and LAN
- Optional WLAN and Bluetooth communication interface
- Maximum print width of 3.15 inches (80mm) and print length of 19.69 inches (500 mm)
- Optional battery mount kit, lithium-ion battery (14.4V, 1950 mAh) and battery charger
- Choice of printing modes: Continuous, Tear-off, Cutter, Partial Cutter, Dispenser, Linerless Tear-off & Linerless Cutter
Barcode Dynamics is a long-standing SATO Australia partner, servicing clients in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Townsville, Cairns, Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and Darwin.
Barcode Dynamics becomes SOTI Partner in Australia
Barcode Dynamics is proud to announce its appointment as a SOTI Altitude Partner in Australia. SOTI – a world leader in mobile and IoT device management solutions – is renowned for helping organisations to secure, enhance and streamline their mobility operations. SOTI mobility solutions are used by over 17,000 enterprises worldwide, including The Reject Shop and ThyssenKrupp.
SOTI works closely with many of the world’s leading device manufacturers, including Zebra, Datalogic, Honeywell, SATO, Panasonic and Samsung. SOTI’s mission is to take the hassle out of managing and securing mobile endpoints, such as handheld scanners, mobile computers and printers. With mobile technology and applications on the rise, SOTI makes life easier for organisations.
The SOTI solution suite (marketed as SOTI ONE) is comprised of six individual products: SOTI MobiControl, SOTI Assist, SOTI Snap, SOTI Insight, SOTI Connect and SOTI Central. All six products are designed to work on their own and with one another (integrated solution). An overview of the SOTI solution suite (SOTI ONE) is outlined below.
MobiControl has a single, easy-to-use interface that enables organisations to manage and secure their mobile endpoints.
Assist is a helpdesk solution that diagnoses technical problems, creates support tickets and provides status updates / reports.
Snap “is a cross-platform, rapid app development solution” that features built-in data capture and integrated Azure AD authentication.
Insight is a Business Intelligence (BI) tool that collects, collates and analyses data from the mobile ecosystem (covers apps, devices and IoT endpoints).
Connect enables organisations to manage, secure and support their IoT endpoints (regardless of the operating system or communication protocol involved).
Central provides organisations with access to the official SOTI online community, which includes SOTI product experts and library resources.
Zebra MC9300 arrives in Australia
The ultra-rugged Zebra MC9300 mobile computer is now available for purchase from Barcode Dynamics. The Zebra MC9300 is the latest member of the legendary MC9000 mobile computing family, which includes the MC9200. The Zebra MC9300 features an 8-core processor (running Android 8.1 Oreo), a large touch display and a longer-lasting battery.
The Zebra MC9300 is designed to operate in demanding environments, such as warehouses, manufacturing plants and large retail environments. In the words of Zebra, “it’s the most rugged MC9000 Series (mobile computer) ever created.” The Zebra MC9300, which doubles as a walkie-talkie, is available in standard, hazardous (C1D2) and “cold storage” versions.
All versions of the Zebra MC9300 come equipped with Near Field Communication (NFC), LifeGuard for Android security and PTT Express (push-to-talk) software. A number of scan engines are available for the Zebra MC9300, including the SE4850 (for extended range 1D/2D capture) and the SE4750 DP (for DPM capture).
Key features of the Zebra MC9300 include:
- Android 8.1 Oreo operating system
- Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 660 Octa-core (2.2GHz) processor
- 4GB RAM, 32GB Flash pSLC
- 4.3” WVGA (800 x 480) colour display
- 3.6V, 7000mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery (cold storage battery has 5000mAh capacity)
- Support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 5.0 devices, such as wireless headsets
- Compatibility with the latest Wi-Fi protocols, including 802.11n and 802.11ac
- Near Field Communication (NFC) for device pairing
- Support for Terminal Emulation (TE) applications
- LifeGuard for Android security
- Interoperability with Zebra’s Mobility DNA solution.
- Drop specification of 1.8 metres onto concrete
- IP65 and IP67 rated
- Optional vibrate feedback mode (for noisy environments)
Zebra ZQ610 Mobile Printer – a Legend in the Making
The Zebra ZQ610 mobile printer – part of Zebra’s new ZQ600 Series – is designed for high-volume label and receipt printing applications in the retail, transport-logistics and manufacturing sectors. The Zebra ZQ610 features a large colour display (288 x 240 pixels), a powerful Lithium-ion battery and Wi-Fi / Bluetooth connectivity. In addition, the Zebra ZQ610 boasts an IP43 rating and a print speed of up to 4.5-inches per second.
The Zebra ZQ610 is based on Zebra’s legendary QLn printer series (QLn220, QLn320, QLn420), making it backward compatible with many QLn accessories. The Zebra ZQ610 is a direct thermal printer that utilises Zebra’s Power Smart Print Technology (PSPT), resulting in high-quality barcodes, text and graphics. Whether you need to produce sales receipts, item tags or price labels on the move, the Zebra ZQ610 mobile printer won’t let you down. What’s more, the Zebra ZQ610’s customisable menu makes for easy operation.
Features of the Zebra ZQ610 mobile printer include:
- 256 MB RAM
- 512 MB Flash memory
- 400 MHz 32-bit ARM processor
- Print width of 1.9-inches (48-millimetres)
- Print speed of up to 4.5-inches (115-millimetres) per second
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery (3250 mAh)
- Tare weight of 600 grams (excluding print stock)
- IP43 rating (dust and water resistance)
- Optional soft case with IP54 rating (improved dust and water resistance)
- Bluetooth 4.1 and Wi-Fi (802.11ac) connectivity
- Supports 802.11r fast roaming technology
- Apple® iOS, Android and Windows Mobile connectivity
- Multiple drop tolerance of 5-feet (1.52-metres)
- Zebra Link-OS operating system with customisable menu
- “Sleep” mode and instant wake-up functionality to conserve power
Panasonic Toughbook FZ-T1: Ultra-Tough Handheld Device
The new Panasonic Toughbook FZ-T1 handheld device is raising eyebrows for all the right reasons. The Toughbook FZ-T1 is a 5” Android barcode scanner with optional 4G voice and data capabilities. Weighing just 240g and built to MIL-STD 810G specifications, the Toughbook FZ-T1 raises the bar for handheld devices in terms of mobility, functionality and toughness. The Toughbook FZ-T1 is ideal for warehousing, retail and manufacturing operations.
The Toughbook FZ-T1 is powered by a Qualcomm® Snapdragon MSM8909 quad-core processor (1.1GHz), which underpins the Android 8.1 (Oreo) Operating System. The Toughbook FZ-T1 features 2GB of RAM, 16GB of flash storage, an 8-Megapixel rear camera and up to 12-hours of battery life. The Toughbook FZ-T1’s integrated barcode reader scans a wide range of 1D and 2D barcode types, and processes 5 scans per second.
Other features of the Panasonic Toughbook FZ-T1 include:
- IP68 rating
- Drop resistance of 1.5 metres
- MIL-STD-810G certified
- 5" high-definition (HD) touchscreen with 1280 x 720 resolution
- Easy-to-read, anti-reflective LCD screen (daylight-readable)
- Precision pen input
- 2 x configurable scan buttons on both sides of the device
- Battery is hot-swappable
- Large range of accessories available, including gun grip and multi-bay battery charger
- Choice of 2 models: FZ-T1 Wi-Fi only, or FZ-T1 Data and Voice
- Overall dimensions of 75 mm x 154 mm x 13.1 mm (17.5mm at barcode reader)