Zebra MC9300 arrives in Australia
The ultra-rugged Zebra MC9300 mobile computer is now available for purchase from Barcode Dynamics. The Zebra MC9300 is the latest member of the legendary MC9000 mobile computing family, which includes the MC9200. The Zebra MC9300 features an 8-core processor (running Android 8.1 Oreo), a large touch display and a longer-lasting battery.
The Zebra MC9300 is designed to operate in demanding environments, such as warehouses, manufacturing plants and large retail environments. In the words of Zebra, “it’s the most rugged MC9000 Series (mobile computer) ever created.” The Zebra MC9300, which doubles as a walkie-talkie, is available in standard, hazardous (C1D2) and “cold storage” versions.
All versions of the Zebra MC9300 come equipped with Near Field Communication (NFC), LifeGuard for Android security and PTT Express (push-to-talk) software. A number of scan engines are available for the Zebra MC9300, including the SE4850 (for extended range 1D/2D capture) and the SE4750 DP (for DPM capture).
Features of the Zebra MC9300 include:
- Android 8.1 Oreo operating system
- Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 660 Octa-core (2.2GHz) processor
- 4GB RAM and 32GB Flash pSLC
- 4.3” WVGA (800 x 480) colour display
- 3.6V, 7000mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery (cold storage battery has 5000mAh capacity)
- Compatibility with the following Zebra scan engines: SE965, SE4750 SR, SE4750 DP and SE4850
- Support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 5.0 devices, such as wireless headsets
- Near Field Communication (NFC) for device pairing
- Support for Terminal Emulation (TE) applications
- LifeGuard for Android security
- Optional vibrate feedback mode (for noisy environments)
- Optional 13 Megapixel (MP) rear-facing colour camera
- Optional 5 Megapixel (MP) front-facing camera
- Interoperability with Zebra’s Mobility DNA solution.
- FIPS 140-2 security (Level 1 certification): Data in Motion and Data at Rest
- Compatibility with the latest Wi-Fi protocols, including 802.11n and 802.11ac
- Drop specification of 1.8 metres onto concrete
- Imager window made from Corning Gorilla™ glass
- IP65 and IP67 rated
- 58-key alpha-numeric keyboard with LED backlit display
Zebra ZQ610 Mobile Printer – a Legend in the Making
The Zebra ZQ610 mobile printer – part of Zebra’s new ZQ600 Series – is designed for high-volume label and receipt printing applications in the retail, transport-logistics and manufacturing sectors. The Zebra ZQ610 features a large colour display (288 x 240 pixels), a powerful Lithium-ion battery and Wi-Fi / Bluetooth connectivity. In addition, the Zebra ZQ610 boasts an IP43 rating and a print speed of up to 4.5-inches per second.
The Zebra ZQ610 is based on Zebra’s legendary QLn printer series (QLn220, QLn320, QLn420), making it backward compatible with many QLn accessories. The Zebra ZQ610 is a direct thermal printer that utilises Zebra’s Power Smart Print Technology (PSPT), resulting in high-quality barcodes, text and graphics. Whether you need to produce sales receipts, item tags or price labels on the move, the Zebra ZQ610 mobile printer won’t let you down. What’s more, the Zebra ZQ610’s customisable menu makes for easy operation.
Features of the Zebra ZQ610 mobile printer include:
- 256 MB RAM
- 512 MB Flash memory
- 400 MHz 32-bit ARM processor
- Print width of 1.9-inches (48-millimetres)
- Print speed of up to 4.5-inches (115-millimetres) per second
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery (3250 mAh)
- Tare weight of 600 grams (excluding print stock)
- IP43 rating (dust and water resistance)
- Optional soft case with IP54 rating (improved dust and water resistance)
- Bluetooth 4.1 and Wi-Fi (802.11ac) connectivity
- Supports 802.11r fast roaming technology
- Apple® iOS, Android and Windows Mobile connectivity
- Multiple drop tolerance of 5-feet (1.52-metres)
- Zebra Link-OS operating system with customisable menu
- “Sleep” mode and instant wake-up functionality to conserve power
Panasonic Toughbook FZ-T1: Ultra-Tough Handheld Device
The new Panasonic Toughbook FZ-T1 handheld device is raising eyebrows for all the right reasons. The Toughbook FZ-T1 is a 5” Android barcode scanner with optional 4G voice and data capabilities. Weighing just 240g and built to MIL-STD 810G specifications, the Toughbook FZ-T1 raises the bar for handheld devices in terms of mobility, functionality and toughness. The Toughbook FZ-T1 is ideal for warehousing, retail and manufacturing operations.
The Toughbook FZ-T1 is powered by a Qualcomm® Snapdragon MSM8909 quad-core processor (1.1GHz), which underpins the Android 8.1 (Oreo) Operating System. The Toughbook FZ-T1 features 2GB of RAM, 16GB of flash storage, an 8-Megapixel rear camera and up to 12-hours of battery life. The Toughbook FZ-T1’s integrated barcode reader scans a wide range of 1D and 2D barcode types, and processes 5 scans per second.
Other features of the Panasonic Toughbook FZ-T1 include:
- IP68 rating
- Drop resistance of 1.5 metres
- MIL-STD-810G certified
- 5" high-definition (HD) touchscreen with 1280 x 720 resolution
- Easy-to-read, anti-reflective LCD screen (daylight-readable)
- Precision pen input
- 2 x configurable scan buttons on both sides of the device
- Battery is hot-swappable
- Large range of accessories available, including gun grip and multi-bay battery charger
- Choice of 2 models: FZ-T1 Wi-Fi only, or FZ-T1 Data and Voice
- Overall dimensions of 75 mm x 154 mm x 13.1 mm (17.5mm at barcode reader)
Medical Carts Matter – the Benefits of Humanscale
Over the past 10 years, Humanscale has established itself as a world-leader in healthcare ergonomics – producing a wide range of stylish medical carts, technology cabinets and wall stations. Humanscale’s commitment to healthcare ergonomics is reflected in its widely-acclaimed TouchPoint T7 series of motorised and non-motorised medicals carts (workstations on wheels).
The Humanscale Touchpoint T7 medical cart is ergonomic, features a low centre of gravity, and is constructed from durable aluminium and steel. The T7 is designed with minimal parts, making it easy to clean and disinfect. A large number of add-on accessories are available for the T7, including a sharps holder, a glove box holder, a chart holder and storage compartments.
There are nine innovative models in the Humanscale TouchPoint T7 medical cart range:
- T7 non-powered Laptop Cart with fixed keyboard shelf
- T7 non-powered Laptop Cart with retractable keyboard shelf
- T7 non-powered LCD Cart with fixed keyboard shelf
- T7 non-powered LCD Cart with retractable keyboard shelf
- T7 non-powered Dual Monitor Cart with fixed keyboard shelf
- T7 powered LCD Cart with Lithium battery, AutoLift and fixed keyboard shelf
- T7 powered LCD Cart with Lithium battery, AutoLift and retractable keyboard shelf
- T7 powered LCD Cart with Lithium battery, AutoLift, fixed keyboard shelf and standard capacity drawers
- T7 powered LCD Cart with Lithium battery, AutoLift, fixed keyboard shelf and high capacity drawers
Zebra ZD510-HC (Healthcare) Wristband Printer Arrives
The Zebra ZD510-HC (Healthcare) wristband printer has been designed to address the specific needs of the healthcare sector. The ZD510-HC is a direct thermal wristband printer that’s easy to deploy, load and clean. The ZD510-HC dispenses Zebra’s proprietary Z-Band® antimicrobial-coated wristbands – improving wristband longevity and patient safety.
The Zebra ZD510-HC integrates with a number of leading Admission, Discharge and Transfer (ADT) patient systems – namely Allscripts, CareFusion, Cerner, CPSI, Epic and McKesson. The housing on the Zebra ZD510-HC is built to withstand strong disinfectants and UV light during the sanitisation process. There’s little doubt that the Zebra ZD510-HC sets the standard in wristband printers for the healthcare sector.
Features of the Zebra ZD510-HC (Healthcare) wristband printer include:
- 512 MB Flash memory
- 256 MB SDRAM memory
- Minimum print length of 76mm, and maximum print length of 558mm
- Zebra Link-OS operating system
- Easy to install wristband cartridges
- Automatic print calibration – reducing wristband loading issues and wastage
- Medical-grade power supply (IEC 60601-1 compliant)
- Ethernet, USB, USB Host and Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity (optional Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity is also available)
- Wristband cartridge compatibility with Zebra HC100 wristband printer
Barcode Dynamics and Zebra at HIMSS AsiaPac18 – Brisbane
Barcode Dynamics and Zebra are proud to be joint-exhibitors at this year’s HIMSS AsiaPac18 Conference & Exhibition in Brisbane. The event – organised by the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) – will take place on 5-8 November 2018 at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre.
HIMSS AsiaPac18 brings together thought leaders, solution providers and organisations in the digital healthcare space. Speakers include Dr Richard Ashby (Chief Executive, eHealth Queensland), Tim Kelsey (Chief Executive, Australian Digital Health Agency) and Air Vice-Marshal Tracy Smart (Commander Joint Health & Surgeon General, Australian Defence Force). HIMSS AsiaPac18 will focus on four key areas of eHealth: connectivity, consumer-partnership, sustainability and data.
In a timely development, Barcode Dynamics has been appointed the first Zebra Healthcare Specialist in Australia – a program designed to recognise partners that provide expertise in Zebra healthcare solutions. During HIMSS AsiaPac18, Barcode Dynamics and Zebra will be promoting the new Zebra ZD510-HC (Healthcare) wristband printer.
Barcode Dynamics is one of Australia’s leading providers of mobile data capture and labelling solutions in the healthcare sector. As a Zebra Premier Solution Partner, Barcode Dynamics has worked with many of Australia’s leading healthcare organisations, including Queensland Health. To find out more about HIMSS AsiaPac18, please call Matthew Candy (General Manager, Barcode Dynamics) on 0412 130 749 or visit the HIMSS AsiaPac18 website.